I am blessed to have my own office.
But, it’s is in a state of disarray, too many projects, too many books,, too little time,
Time for a big decluttering project!
I’m getting rid of projects and supplies, and I’m also giving everything a good clean.
I’ve been working on a plan on how to do that because without a plan I know the office will be an unholy mess that I will never ever get tidied up.
I thought it might be fun to share my plan here, also to keep me accountable.
So, here’s my decluttering plan!
- Clear out everything in the desk and cabinet that isn’t something that I will work with/on in the next year.
- Find homes for everything, keep each drawer a theme, like writing/art instruments, paper, planner stuff etc.
- Clear out the craft cupboard, same rules.
- Then comes the bookcase. I have to be VERY ruthless there.
- Remove all the books I know I won’t keep or read in the next year
- Clear everything that isn’t a book from the shelves too.
- Pack the books for donation, and put everything that isn’t a book in my “deal with it later”-basket.
- Add the books to the newly christened bookcase/craft cupboard.
- Enjoy a calm and decluttered space
- optional: add all books to Goodreads
I have no doubt that along the way I will make up new steps, and think of easier ways to do some of them, so I will update my plan accordingly.
I’ve never worked this way, I’ve always been more of a chaos incarnate person, but I know that this will keep me sane.
I will post more about this at a later date, might even share pictures!