I am so blessed to have my desk located in our library, where each wall except the radiator one is covered with bookcases.
But, our library is in a state of disarray, and this winter my project is fixing that, and giving it a good clean.
I’ve been working on a plan on how to do that because without a plan I know the library will be an unholy mess that I will never ever get tidied up.
I thought it might be fun to share my plan here, also to keep me accountable.
So, here goes!
- Remove all the books I know I won’t keep, plus everything that isn’t a book from the shelves.
- Pack the books for donation later, and put everything that isn’t a book in my “deal with it later”-basket.
- Make a plan per bookcase, taking into account that I want to keep authors and series together.
- Label each shelf with what’s supposed to go on there.
- Empty one shelf, temporarily moving books to another shelf, and gather the books that belong on there.
- See 5.
- Move my writing books to the shelf behind the desk
- Enjoy a calm and decluttered space
- optional: add all books to Goodreads
I have no doubt that along the way I will make up new steps, and think of easier ways to do some of them, so I will update my plan accordingly.
I’ve never worked this way, I’ve always been more of a chaos incarnate person, but I know that this will keep me sane.
I will post more about this at a later date, might even share pictures!